The pupils of Greenfield School understand the importance of caring for their environment. The Eco-Schools programme has been running within our school for 13 years. The curriculum is designed to implement sustainable development and to encourage all pupils to take an active role in developing our local environment.
We currently hold three Eco flags and in February 2016 our school was awarded a Platinum Eco Award.
Our Eco School council has developed whole school Eco rules. They are:-
- Stop dropping litter, put it in the bin
- Use a zebra crossing when you can
- Make sure the taps are turned off and fixed properly
- Turn off the lights
- Turn off the computer when not in use
- Make sure doors are closed when playing outside
- Recycle properly
- Make sure we are as active and as healthy as we can be
The Eco School Council has developed whole school Eco Rules these are;