Greenfield is a special school located in Pentrebach, Merthyr Tydfil for pupils aged 3 -19 years old. We are the only special school in the authority.
At Greenfield we have an excellent provision for a wide range of pupils with special needs including moderate, severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties, specific learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders and pupils with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
At Greenfield our mission is to recognise the uniqueness of the individuals by promoting, supporting and celebrating all their efforts and achievements.
Here at Greenfield we provide our pupils with a caring, safe and stimulating environment. We encourage and challenge all pupils to reach and achieve their full potential. The pupils are provided with a wide range of opportunities where they have access to an exciting and enriched curriculum that is relevant to them.
At Greenfield School we strive to:
To provide a positive learning environment, for all children to maximise their learning potential.
To promote achievement and recognise all effort.
To develop self-esteem and confidence.
To help pupils understand the world in which they live and acquire relevant knowledge and skills.
To encourage respect and tolerance for other religions and lifestyles.
‘To open the doors to the future’
Our Mission Statement
That children staff, parents, carers and all stakeholders work actively in partnership to enable all pupils to realise and reach their full potential.
- For pupils to operate as independent learners and thinkers
- To inspire a love for learning
- To provide a relevant curriculum for all
- For pupils to value themselves
- To foster a sense of belonging to a community
- We create
- We respect each other
- We try our best
- We are a team
- We learn from mistakes
- We celebrate each other’s success
- We are polite and considerate
- We produce magic moments
We want every child to be safe and happy in our school. We believe that the key to this is for us all to have self-respect, respect for others and respect for property.
Everyone has the right to:
- Feel safe, cared for and respected for
- Be able to learn to the best of his/her ability and to develop whatever skills he/she possesses
- Be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, physical characteristics or any other factors
- Learn and play without disruption
Everyone is expected to:
- Be responsible for their own behaviour
- Respect the rights of others
- Share our values